Homemade Pasta: Ricotta Ravioli
As seen on The Happi House: learn how to make your own ravioli here!
- 2 ¼ cups all-purpose flour
- 6 egg yolks
- 3 whole eggs
- 1 container ricotta cheese
- Parmesan, grated (to taste)
- Nutmeg, grated (a pinch)
- Salt and pepper
- In a large mixing bowl, gently combine the flour and the eggs. When the dough starts to come together, dump it on to your surface.
- Knead the dough for 20 minutes.
- Let the dough rest for 40 minutes.
- While your dough is resting, make your filling: ricotta cheese, parmesan, nutmeg, salt and pepper.
- Roll out your pasta sheets until it is as thin as a piece of thick paper or cardstock.
- Mark off squares on your pasta sheet. Place roughly a tablespoon of filling on each square.
- Spray each sheet sparingly with water from a spray bottle.
- Place a second sheet of pasta on top of the first sheet, and press around each pile of filling.
- Cut out each ravioli with a pasta cutter, cookie cutter or drinking glass.
- Boil for 2-3 minutes until the ravioli float to the top.
- Buon Appetito!
The Happi House is an entertaining and informative weekly magazine style television series for women. Hosted by Happi Olson, Lifestyle Expert, each episode is full of robust content on a variety of fun and useful topics such as homemade beauty products, hosting unique children’s parties, fashion trends, family vacation tips and tricks, DIY home décor, easy family meals and more.