As Seen on The Happi House: Crispy Peanut Butter Balls
Watch Happi make this award-winning recipe, courtesy of Kali Piontek of Appleton, WI!
- 2 c. creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 c. butter, softened
- 3 3/4 c. confectioners’ sugar
- 3 c. crisp rice cereal
- 4 c. (24 oz.) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 c. plus 1 tsp. shortening, divided
- 1/3 c. white baking chips
- In a large bowl, beat peanut butter and butter until blended. Gradually beat in confectioners’ sugar until smooth. Stir in cereal. Shape into 1 in. balls. Refrigerate until chilled.
- In a microwave, melt chocolate chips and ¼ c. shortening. Stir until smooth. Dip balls into chocolate. Allow excess to drip off. Place on a waxed paper-lined pan. Let stand until set.
- In a microwave, melt white baking chips and remaining shortening. Stir until smooth. Drizzle over candies. Refrigerate until set.
Makes 6 dozen peanut butter balls
The Happi House is an entertaining and informative weekly magazine style television series for women. Hosted by Happi Olson, Lifestyle Expert, each episode is full of robust content on a variety of fun and useful topics such as homemade beauty products, hosting unique children’s parties, fashion trends, family vacation tips and tricks, DIY home décor, easy family meals and more.