As Seen on The Happi House: Crispy Peanut Butter BallsThe Happi House
Watch Happi make this award-winning recipe, courtesy of Kali Piontek of Appleton, WI!
- 2 c. creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 c. butter, softened
- 3 3/4 c. confectioners’ sugar
- 3 c. crisp rice cereal
- 4 c. (24 oz.) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 c. plus 1 tsp. shortening, divided
- 1/3 c. white baking chips
- In a large bowl, beat peanut butter and butter until blended. Gradually beat in confectioners’ sugar until smooth. Stir in cereal. Shape into 1 in. balls. Refrigerate until chilled.
- In a microwave, melt chocolate chips and ¼ c. shortening. Stir until smooth. Dip balls into chocolate. Allow excess to drip off. Place on a waxed paper-lined pan. Let stand until set.
- In a microwave, melt white baking chips and remaining shortening. Stir until smooth. Drizzle over candies. Refrigerate until set.
Makes 6 dozen peanut butter balls