Season 4, Episode 10: Molasses Cookies
Do you have a favorite cookie that you remember your mom or grandmother making when you were a child? Well, Happi’s son Chandler has a favorite. And he doesn’t let his mom forget it. Today on The Happi House, mother and son are together in the kitchen, making Chandler’s favorite treat: Molasses Cookies. We’re guessing you might want to make this at home! Here’s the recipe:
4 ½ cups flour
2 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. ground cloves
4 tsp. ground ginger
1 ½ tsp. cinnamon
1 ½ cups vegetable shortening
½ cup molasses
2 cups sugar
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Combine dry ingredients first: flour, baking soda, cloves, ginger and cinnamon and stir.
3. In bowl of mixer, add the shortening, eggs, molasses and sugar. Beat until fluffy.
4. Add flour a bit at a time and mix. Repeat until fully incorporated.
5. Scoop up spoonfuls of dough, roll in your hand and then roll in sugar.
6. Place on a parchment-lined cookie sheet and press down on each ball slightly.
7. Bake for 12-14 minutes.
The Happi House is an entertaining and informative weekly magazine style television series for women. Hosted by Happi Olson, Lifestyle Expert, each episode is full of robust content on a variety of fun and useful topics such as homemade beauty products, hosting unique children’s parties, fashion trends, family vacation tips and tricks, DIY home décor, easy family meals and more.