Homemade Pasta: Ricotta RavioliThe Happi House
As seen on The Happi House: learn how to make your own ravioli here!
- 2 ¼ cups all-purpose flour
- 6 egg yolks
- 3 whole eggs
- 1 container ricotta cheese
- Parmesan, grated (to taste)
- Nutmeg, grated (a pinch)
- Salt and pepper
- In a large mixing bowl, gently combine the flour and the eggs. When the dough starts to come together, dump it on to your surface.
- Knead the dough for 20 minutes.
- Let the dough rest for 40 minutes.
- While your dough is resting, make your filling: ricotta cheese, parmesan, nutmeg, salt and pepper.
- Roll out your pasta sheets until it is as thin as a piece of thick paper or cardstock.
- Mark off squares on your pasta sheet. Place roughly a tablespoon of filling on each square.
- Spray each sheet sparingly with water from a spray bottle.
- Place a second sheet of pasta on top of the first sheet, and press around each pile of filling.
- Cut out each ravioli with a pasta cutter, cookie cutter or drinking glass.
- Boil for 2-3 minutes until the ravioli float to the top.
- Buon Appetito!